Temple Location :
About the Temple :
This sthalam is situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This Kshetram is considered to be more divine in Thondai Naadu Temples.
- The great seven Munis (Saptha Rishis) - Brighu, Atthiri, Mareeshi, Markandeyar, Sumathi, Jaabali and Saptharomar performed Tapas (thavam) here and as a result of this, the sthalam is also called as "Brindaranyasthalam". This sthalam is also known as "Panja Veerathalam".
- Lord Vishnu appeared here as "Sri Parthasarathy" for Thondaimaan.
- The Lord is installed by Vyasar and Devoted by Aathreyar.
- Thirumazhisai Alwar met first Three Alwars (Poigai, Pei and Bhutham) in this sthalam.
The Deities :
The Moolavar of this sthalam is Sri Venkata Krishnan. Along with Rukmani Piratiyar, he holds sword in one hand, Varadha Muthirai on the other hand and his brother Balaraman on his right, Sathaki on his left, son Prathyumnan, Grand son Aniruthan are also found near the Moolavar. This is one of the Sthalam where the Perumal shows his seva along with his three generations. He is found in standing (Nindra thirukkolam) position and facing his Thirumugham towards East direction.
The Thayaar of this Allikeni sthalam is Vedavalli Thayaar.
- Sri Ramar Sannadhi.
- Aranga Nathan Sannadhi.
- Moolavar Sannadhi.
- Thaayar Sannadhi.
- Sri Varadharajan Sannadhi.
- Azhagiyasingar( Narasimhar).
- Sri Andal Sannadhi.
- Total 12.
- Thirumangai Alwar – 10 Paasurams.
- Pei Alwar - 1
- Thirumazhisai Alwar – 1
Sri Ramanujar, Sri Manavala Mamunigal has also done mangalasasanam here.
The Main pushkarani of this Sthalam is Kairavini Saras. Some other theerthams like Agni theertham, Soma theertham, Meena theertham, Indra theertham, Vishnu theertham are also found in this Sthalam. Due to lots of Alli (LILLY) flowers in the pond, this Kshetram is so-called as "Alli keni".
The Vimaanam is said to be found of Five Nillays with Seven Kalasams on it. The Five Nillays are :
- Sesha and
- Thaivagai vimanam.